Friday, June 29, 2012

To Like & To Behold

This dining room/kitchen appeared in a recent issue of House Beautiful, and I find it nicely refreshing because:

A. There's no chinoiserie wallpaper with vines or birds. (Nothing against chinoiserie, but it's way overused in dining rooms).
B. There's no oriental rug — better yet, no rug at all. (Nothing against rugs in dining rooms, but really, do you want food to stick onto a rug or carpet?)


What I really like are the chairs. Apparently they were painted to look old, and expertly done. But I especially like the chair cushions featuring one fabric for the tops, and a completely different fabric for the bottoms. It's such a great detail.

I also adore this Vintage by Hemingway Design wallpaper collection I saw in a recent edition of Interior Design magazine, especially the 1930s-inspired Deco Diamond pattern. It's so chic and elegant.



I picture a movie star wearing a black fishnet-covered hat, sipping a sidecar and smoking a long-handled cigarette. Care to join me, Darling?

No comments:

Post a Comment