Sunday, October 22, 2017

My Maid Hasn't Been Keeping Up With The Dusting Lately...


’Tis the season for believing in spooks, and this year, I've made a few additions to my annual Halloween decor, starting with the fake cobwebs on my fireplace screen.

It has the same consistency of angel hair, that spun fiberglass stuff people used to put on their Christmas trees years ago. This stuff is made of a less harmful substance. Hopefully, I'll be able to get these cobwebs off after the holiday is over.

Also new this year from a popular discount department store... two black glitter twig trees.












































I had the mini orange lights and Christopher Radko mini ornaments from a couple of years back, and they fit perfectly.

As it does for most other holidays, my living room gets the most decorations. Also new this year, from an antiques shop in Clinton, CT... two jack-o-lantern window candles.

The jack-o-lantern face is two-sided so the neighbors
across the courtyard can get spooked, too.

And, the jingle bells door handle decoration is new as well.























My kitchen centerpiece includes two new white cake stands with black grosgrain ribbon. I usually get both an orange and white pumpkin, but this year I just bought an orange one.


Finally, at the end of my hallway, I switched out red crystal teardrops for amber on my regal wall crown.



Sometime it's just little, inexpensive changes like these that can make your home come alive with the spirit of the season.

Happy Halloween To All

(Don't forget to Treat yourself)!

No comments:

Post a Comment