Sunday, November 20, 2011

November's Color Scheme: Burnished Harvest Cornucopia

Inspiration:
My vintage potato salad bowl, still beautiful and useful, chips and all.


Though the bottom of the bowl says, "Made in Japan," the painted colors make me think of the Mediterranean in summer or autumn. I pulled out the colors from this bowl to create a beautiful palette of warm hues in yellow, rust, and berry rose, which I envision working equally well in a living room, kitchen or dining room.




If I were designing a traditional living room with this palette, I'd use Mountain Peak White for the ceiling, Limon for the walls, and a combination of Rust and Yellow Highlighter for the trim, depending on what the moldings and other room features look like. If the room were lucky enough to have a fireplace, I'd use the Roseate, Italiano Rose, and True Pink for the fireplace area.


I'd use these fabrics to tie the room's color palette together:






I'd use the yellow gingham for Roman shades, the burgundy for a sofa, the variegated color fabric (which cools down the color scheme a bit) for a loveseat or chairs, the boxed velvet for a large ottoman, and the copper crushed velvet fabric for pillows.


Elements:
Benjamin Moore Paints (clockwise from top): 
Mountain Peak White, Rust, Yellow Highlighter, True Pink, Pilgrimage Foliage, Delightful Yellow, Limon, Roseate, Italiano Rose.


Fabrics (clockwise from top): 
Newfield Check by Lee Jofa® in 100% cotton. Daffodil.
Pattern 180569H Highland Court Exclusive in Viscose/Cotton/Polyester. Copper.
Boxed Velvet™ by Beacon Hill® in Rayon/Cotton/Metallic. Hazelnut.
Gymkhara Weave by Lee Jofa® in 100% cotton. Chestnut.
Mingle by LoomSource in Polyester/Rayon. Passion.



No comments:

Post a Comment