Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Night Rider? A TV Lamp Horse, Of Course!

The newest addition to my burgeoning TV Lamp Collection:



My most recent CT antiquing excursion yielded this unusual glossy black horse TV lamp, which, I suspect, may have been given a new coat of spray paint. In any case, I haven't seen this form before and like his proud stance.



I've placed him on a white pedestal right outside my kitchen entrance. Note the handy on/off switch at the bottom back.


I had a tough time getting a good photo – he wouldn't stand still! –  but you get the idea.
Giddyup!

At the same antiques shop, I spotted this pair of fab 1950s lamps. I've never seen lampshade shapes like these before. I love the colors and the whipstitching at the top and bottom. Primo! (I was so tempted...)


 Even more tempting was this art deco sofa and chair set. The mix of upholstery fabrics is truly inspiring, as is the thick silhouette and stepped design on the center back and curved sides.



Deco delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment