Monday, September 8, 2014

Hoo Wants Another TV Lamp?

Part of the fun of decorating is planning ahead for the next season or holiday. If you're like me, you'll gather items throughout the year, anticipating how you'll display them in their best possible light.

Speaking of light, I've decided to decorate a bit more elaborately for Halloween this year, beginning with this Kron owl TV lamp I found on ebay. I believe it's from the 1950s, possibly made in Texas. There's a whole history on Kron TV lamps, and there was apparently a rare white version of this owl as well.



Unfortunately, it arrived damaged as a result of not being packed carefully.
Fortunately I am due a full refund from the seller.

But all is not lost. With my brother's help, we glued the larger pieces back on with clear epoxy glue.



Unless you look really close, you can't see much of the damage. Compared with other TV lamps, this one has exceptional details in the feathers and even the base, and the way its eyes light up is spooky and cool at the same time.

The other TV lamp I found on ebay is this wonderful Yellow Tulip with a green leaf base.



I really like the artistry of this one and the shades of pink at the bottom of the flower, and the variations of green on the base. It also has a handy on/off switch. Most unusual: this one was made in Italy.


Decorating is Bellissimo!

Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment