Friday, October 14, 2016

Halloween Pumpkins & Other Roundish Things

During the bewitching month of October, it's fun to change up the decor, replacing beach towel slipcovers with animal print throws. Or, light blue, yellow and white with grey, black and orange. And tiny fairy lights with a new variety of votive candles.

I recently discovered a group of antiques shops in Norwood through a coworker, which I'd never visited before. The selection isn't stellar, but I did find this pair of glam pillows to spice up my Victorian-style parlour...

Glam pillow in wing chair.


Center jewel close-up.

Single button tuft on back of pillow.





I believe they're silk, but I can't be sure. There's no label or tag on them.

As I've done for the last two years, this year I decorated for Halloween, with a majority of decorations placed around my living room.

I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks.




This year's new additions include the three light-up jack-o-lanterns from Lowe's.

I think the one inside the fireplace looks especially spooky...






In the kitchen, I decorated my three-light wall sconce, changing out the white bulbs with orange ones, and adding two glittery orange butterflies and black and orange ornaments.




There are also two Halloween trees — a black one in the living room and a silver one in the office...

I had this tree up last year. This year I added the Christopher Radko striped ball ornaments and larger bell-shaped ones.







This one features orange mini lights (not lit here) and black, white, orange and purple mini ball ornaments.

In addition, I placed this large harvest wreath on the outside of my front door. This I'll leave up until I decorate for Christmas.



Happy Harvest Season!











No comments:

Post a Comment