Sunday, August 18, 2019

Summer Sights & Highlights

In addition to my usual Brimfield Antiques Show excursions, I enjoy attending other outdoor events during the summer months.

I don't go to many concerts, but I didn't want to miss this double bill with Blondie and Elvis Costello & The Impostors, two pop/punk/new wave legends. It was a beautiful July evening on Boston's waterfront, and both acts put on excellent performances.


Debbie, Clem & Co. performed all of their biggest hits, along with a few surprises.
They also performed Fade Away And Radiate from Parallel Lines, which I'd never heard live before.
Dreaming was the fitting encore, when Debbie declared, "You are free! Dreaming is free!"


I've seen Blondie many times over the years, the first time back in 1982 at the Providence Civic Center, and they never disappoint. Elvis Costello I saw back in the 1980s during his Spike tour, which stopped at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT.

Rockin' out to the 80s

Elvis Costello performed many hits, including Every Day I Write The Book, which featured his hot backup duo.
Other highlights included Pump It Up, Accidents Will Happen, Watching The Detectives, and Clubland. Alison was the encore number.

➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮➮⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯

Every summer, I go to vintage car shows in CT with my brother and sister. One of the biggest and best is the first Sunday in August on Main Street in Manchester, and this year's was super fun. This year, my brother and I also attended a show in East Hartford, where we saw a few cars we'd never come across before, including this 1950s Plymouth.













And, this 1950s red Oldsmobile with cool atomic star details.


In addition, we saw this 1976 Mercury Grand Marquis with a unique license plate.
Maybe Tony is living inside the trunk?

⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋⤋

A New England summer wouldn't be complete without a visit to Cape Cod, and my annual August visit to Provincetown didn't disappoint. Despite more frequent shark attacks, I did go in the water, but kept very close to shore. The weather was mostly sunny and not extremely hot, so it was perfect for the beach, and for taking photos.
Shark warning flags were up at both beaches I went to, Nauset & Herring Cove.
Provincetown Watercolor Landscape Day





Cape Cod is Hydrangea Heaven, and here's proof...




And P-Town looks magical - even spooky - at night, too...
















Enjoyed drinks with an old chum one night.
Sticking butts out the window?























Fun, timely tees
Miss Richfield's show is always hilarious, especially the audience interaction. Fun times!
(Note double handle on the "THEY" mug).

No comments:

Post a Comment